Web Producer (Part Time)
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Stations
JOB TYPE: Part-Time (without benefits)
JOB SCHEDULE: Part-Time
JOB LOCATION: Southfield, MI
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV's satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
The Web Producer produces compelling content for CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com, under the guidance of the Digital Content Manager, and writes/schedules posts across station social media accounts. Primary goal is to create engaging content to assist with building site traffic and growing social media reach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Under leadership from Digital Content Manager, creatively brainstorm and produce compelling articles, videos, & interactive content to resonate with local users
* Schedule and write social media posts for all CBS Detroit & CW50 Detroit accounts
* Assist in adapting TV materials to CBSDetroit.com & CW50detroit.com
* Work to increase traffic through outreach to other content aggregators
* Help represent the stations in the online sphere (station websites and social media), interacting with users, answering comments, and addressing inquiries as they arise.
* Work with Digital Content Manager to maintain overall integrity of websites
MINIMUM ABILITY, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
* Excellent writing skills (and copy-editing skills) a must.
* Thorough attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines
* Must be social media savvy
* Eye for good local and viral content
* Experience with WordPress & Adobe Photoshop preferred.
* Experience shooting and editing photos/videos - knowledge of Final Cut Pro &/or Adobe Premier is a plus.
* Degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries. CBS Detroit Television Stations is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of CBS to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or physical or mental disability, veteran's status, marital status, or height or weight and to conform to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task